If you or a loved one is injured, or the victim of a car accident, it can be a very scary time for your family. No doubt you will have many questions, like what should I do now? Who will pay my medical bills? How am I Going to Pay for an Attorney? Can i get My Lost Wages? Our attorneys have negotiated expedient settlements for our clients. It can be the difference between focusing on your recovery and stressing over bills during this important time.
If you have been injured in an accident or otherwise, contact the experienced Attorneys at Garmo & Kiste, PLC. We are proud of our results in these matters, and will treat you like family. We can guide you through the legal system during these difficult times and help secure you the results you deserve. Here is a short outline of the damages that are recoverable for someone injured in a car accident in Michigan.
- Michigan No-Fault Benefits – These are commonly referred to as first party benefits under Michigan No-Fault Law. These benefits usually include medical expenses, medical mileage, income or wage loss, replacement services, attendant care, home modifications, and vehicle modifications.
- Pain and Suffering Expenses – These are commonly referred to as third party benefits under Michigan No-Fault Law. Some auto accidents carry more than simple no-fault benefits and economic losses. While hard to prove in Michigan given the extra “threshold”, you can still sue the negligent driver for certain non-economic losses.
- Michigan Mini-Tort – This is a law intended to help drivers recoup some of the economic loss if their car is damaged. There are restrictions and a maximum recovery amount and it’s calculated based the percentage of fault of the driver(s).
- Wrongful Death Damages – A surviving member of the family can file for wrongful death damages to obtain justice for their family member.
- Social Security Disability – Many insurance companies would like for you to file for disability benefits following your injuries, but be careful here it can also damage your car accident lawsuit. Sometimes it’s the right choice, but make sure to speak with an attorney before making such an important decision.
To retain Garmo & Kiste, PLC, call us at (248) 398-7100 for a free consultation. We are licensed Michigan attorneys, with offices in Troy, MI.
For specific information and areas of practice see below: